Thursday, April 13, 2017

How fix exception Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TestManagement.Controller

Hi everybody!.
Today I want share with you my experience with test execution with attribute DataSource.



It is looks like this:



So if you create build definition and add Run Functional Test by Test Assembly, you definitely will have problem.



The issue will be looks like:
The unit test adapter failed to connect to the data source or to read the data. For more information on troubleshooting this error, see "Troubleshooting Data-Driven Unit Tests" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62412) in the MSDN Library. Error details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TestManagement.Controller, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I found this answer and this answer.
But it wasn't work for me.

Than I've created issue on github. And for me it was surprise when microsoft answered that this scenario is not supported!

This was a complete surprise!
The only way to execute such test is using test agent 2013 and XAML build definition!
How did such a serious organization missed this scenario?
It's is very serious omission.
I think microsoft will release test agent with this scenario in nearest feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment